Disability Award Nominations Closing Soon
There are only a few days left to get your nominations in for the Geelong Awards for People with a Disability 2017. Nominations close on Monday 5 December.
Presented by Karingal-St Laurence and the City of Greater Geelong, the annual awards celebrate the ability that people with a disability have to make our city a better place to live for everyone.
Nominations are invited from anyone wanting to recognise a person with a disability for their efforts and achievements across six award categories:
- Achievement - Recognises someone who has achieved a significant milestone or success in any area.
- Arts - Recognises someone who has significant achievements in the Arts or made a contribution towards promoting programs or the art of others.
- Leadership and Advocacy - Recognises someone who has led or advocated for others to achieve a considerable outcome or advancement.
- Employment/Volunteering - Recognises someone who has achieved success or made a substantial contribution to empowering and developing other in the workplace or community.
- Sport and Recreation - Recognises someone who has demonstrated an outstanding skill or achievement in sport and recreation.
- Youth - Recognises a young person who is on the road to success through their own achievements or by supporting the achievements of others.
But you only have until Monday 5 December to get your nominations in.
For more information visit the awards website